Are 6D users happy with their camera?

Started Oct 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
totleytom Contributing Member • Posts: 528
Are 6D users happy with their camera?

I am a Canon APS-C user - I presently have a 60D and a 100D with some EF-S zooms plus a few EF lenses (35mm f2 non-IS, 50mm f1.4, 70-200 f4 IS). I'm about to retire and have been promising myself that 'last camera' as a retirement present, and in the Canon world that looks the 6D. I don't think the 5DIII offers me anything that the 6D doesn't for the type of photography I do - travel, landscape, 'general'. I don't do sports or wildlife so don't need a camera that majors in fast frame rates or big buffers. Nor do I do video.

However - although I know it's silly, I can't help looking over the fence at Nikon-land. The D610 and D750 look, on paper, to be better cameras than the 6D (or even the 5DIII), and let's not even mention the D810. I need some positive messages about the 6D. Let me feel the love!

(I'm in the UK, btw.)

totleytom's gear list:totleytom's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +3 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NWT
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NWT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow