I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

Started Oct 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP 2eyesee Senior Member • Posts: 2,194
Re: It's not just 24mm and corners that a problem for the G7X

telefunk wrote:

2eyesee wrote:

In the end though there are just a few little things that tip the RX100M3 in favour for me - the tilting flash (which I use a lot indoors), the better detail in video, the viewfinder, much better 24mm. It was a tough call though, and I will miss the 100mm and touch screen in particular.

Good for you!

Having tested both the RX100I and III against the G7X (see my 3 threads), I reluctantly decided to go for the Sony RX100III.

Why reluctantly? Because the Canon is much nicer to use.

I understand your reluctance to let the G7X go. It was an agonizing decision for me because there is a lot to like about the G7X, and I can easily see why many will prefer it.

It's great to have some competition now in the 1" compact space now, whichever you choose.

Why is the Sony better?

- much cleaner / sharper image at WA. I'm a 90% WA shooter

- seems to have more reliable focus.

- despite horrible menus, the quick menu (Fn) is pretty good and the stuff like HDR actually works

I did add stuff to the RX100III to make it easier to operate. A Gariz soft shutter release, a felt pad thumbrest, a leather case to increase size in all directions. Now it feels less fiddly

I use the Sony Premium Jacket Case myself. It offers good protection as a case, improved grip, and the neck strap means I'm never going to drop it. I don't carry cameras in my pocket anyway, and I find carrying the RX100M3 with the neck strap across my shoulder more convenient than a belt case.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow