Another X-E1/X-E2 body or go MFT?

Started Oct 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bakaroni Regular Member • Posts: 238
Another X-E1/X-E2 body or go MFT?

I asked this question on another Fuji forum, but thought I'd ask here as well.

I currently have the Canon 6D, 50D & X-E1 with 5 Canon zooms & primes, the XF 18-55mm & another half a dozen manual focus lenses. I use the 50D for fast action and/or reach, the 6D when I want IQ and the X-E1 is my travel kit. I'd like another lightweight body for travel so that I don't have to change lenses as often. I want to decide if I invest more in native XF glass and another Fuji body or go to MTF.

Logically, I should get another X-E1 body at current crazy cheap prices and invest in a good set of primes. But, while I like the X-E1, I don't care for its shutter lag, jittery EVF and mediocre focus-peaking implementation. Which is why I'm considering another system to supplement the X-E1. The advantages of an E-M10, for example, are: in-body stabilization, better focus assistance (both of which are incredibly useful with the MF lenses), and a fairly cheap tele zoom in the 40-150mm lens. But the disadvantage is that I'll have a third system and native lenses fragmented across all 3, although I can lessen its impact by buying very few native XF and MFT lenses and relying more on my MF lenses.

Thoughts?

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow