I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

Started Oct 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
technic Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
Re: It's not just 24mm and corners that a problem for the G7X

J_dpr wrote:

Thanks a lot for these images. G7X is a tiny bit better at 35 mm IMO, but it's nothing compared to how much better the RX100M3 is at 24 mm - detail wise. Dammit! I would have loved to acqire the G7X camera, but as landscapes are is one of my favorite subjects I just can't justfy it.

Agree, at 35mm the G7X possibly gets slightly better than RX100-3 but at 24mm the RX100-3 is far ahead. Stunning how different the processing is at the pixel level, which makes direct comparison of the images difficult There are far more artifacts (including some PF at the top of the hill) with G7X than with RX100-3, but when viewed downscaled the G7X often looks slightly better, punchier.

I will play around with the RAW files this evening but I guess it will confirm what we already know. The G7X images look very good as long as you don't view them close up while RX100-3 has more natural images that have far more fine detail in the WA range. And while the G7X lens is best at normal to tele, the RX100-3 lens seems best at WA.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow