choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
FujiMore New Member • Posts: 8
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Dabbler wrote:

Good evaluation so far, the glass should always be your primary consideration. I have XT1 and A7s. I have most XF lenses and so far only 55 and Zeiss 24-70 FE lenses. The XT1 is my go everywhere cam and now that I have my first WR lens my walk around kit is weatherproof.

I use the Sony only when I need very high ISO, silent shutter (events) or want uber IQ although the XT1 produces superb images. The fact that is such an expensive cam means I'm more reluctant to take it on walkabouts, especially in the city. I feel the XT1 is much more rugged with faster responsiveness. Faster and more accurate AF as well. The A7 has both PDAF and CDAF so AF is better that my A7s. The deciding factor for choosing the A7s was it had totally silent shutter. The A7 shutter is LOUD, louder than any of my other bodies.

Good luck with your choice!

-- hide signature --

Michael

The A7 shutter is louder than the A7s´one? I thought it were reversed, the A7s is louder ant the A7 more silent.

I had both in my hands today the A7 and the X-T1 and the T1 very clearly wins in following points: 1) EVF ; 2) haptics/ build quality = Mg vs plastic; 3) button controls.

I think buying a A7 you pay for the giant superb sensor in it. I found the A7 somewhat disapointting concerning the body after have held the Fuji. The X-T1 has just one weak point... it leaks the Sony FF Sensor. and as a Fuji Fotographer I have to say, my next camera will be a Sony Alpha7 for its natural looking pictures. I also like manual , lot of fun.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Arn
(unknown member)
jan
Arn
(unknown member)
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow