Shooting wedding with primes only

Started Aug 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Forum Pro • Posts: 10,334
Multiple bodies

kormendi_adam wrote:

I wonder if any of you pros think it is possible to shoot weddings with primes only.
I ask this strictly from curiosity.

Yesterday I attended a friend's wedding and had my D300s with me, with 35 and 85 primes. I took 4 photos in total (so I really did not intend to 'play the pro' there).

I had the feeling that, if I had been the hired photographer, I really would have a hard time changing lenses and I think I would have missed a lot of shots.

Do you think it is possible to use primes only for weddings?
From what I have seen yesterday, I would say it does not make any sense...

Certainly. Definitely want multiple bodies. 35 & 85 is a good combo, especially if they're bright. At certain times, though, two might not be enough. I shoot events with Micro Four Thirds cameras, which are wonderfully compact and lightweight, and have considered adding a third body on a neckstrap with, say, a pancake lens, in addition to the two bodies hanging from my shoulders. I'd go with something like 24/35/85 or 35/85/135. 24/50/135 might work, too. You'd have to try it out for yourself to see which combo fits your style.

-- hide signature --

www.jacquescornell.photography

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
SBS
BAK
SBS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow