I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

Started Oct 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
damian5000 Senior Member • Posts: 1,948
Re: I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

2eyesee wrote:

damian5000 wrote:

2eyesee wrote:

I've done a quick video test outdoors on a tripod and the difference in the level of detail in video quality looks much more obvious. Here are screen captures:

G7X 1080p Screen Capture

RX100M3 1080p Screen Capture

This was expected. Seems G7X has difficultly resolving at distance. What about when actually watching the video? Perhaps can still be noticed, but guessing not nearly as obvious.

Here are the original videos if you want to download them yourself to compare:

RX100M3

G7X

Excellent. Thank you man. I just played them one after another about 10x. A difference can be seen if looking for it. Most notably in the right-bottom corner of the foliage and the dark green "tree" in the upper-leftish.

Put a touch screen on the Sony and improve focus time significantly and I might be singing a different tune, but as it is...Not nearly enough to have it be a major factor in choosing the RX100M3 over the G7X...Anybody without a trained eye and not looking back and forth between the two would never notice... All IMO of course.

It would be an interesting test. Have 20 people sit down and watch the video one after another without being told before hand they will be asked which looked better after viewing the two. Then have them view it again and see what the outcome is the 2nd time around after knowing they'll be asked as well.

damian5000's gear list:damian5000's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow