I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

Started Oct 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
skyform Regular Member • Posts: 257
Re: I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

2eyesee wrote:

2eyesee wrote:

One initial comparison I have done between the G7X and my RX100M3 is a quick video detail comparison. I previously created a thread based on CameraLabs video test shots which seemed to show the RX100M3 had significantly greater resolution. However, in the recently completed CameraLabs review the reviewer posted 100% crops from other video clips in which the G7X looked as good as the RX100M3.

So I've just run a very quick comparison. It's under incandescent light - please excuse the white balance differences - but these 100% crops show the G7X comparing pretty well:

The RX100M3 looks sharper, but also shows some aliasing (see the top edge of the card). The bottom line is though that differences in video quality aren't going to be a deciding factor with these two cameras, which is great news to me as I do quite a bit of video.

I've done a quick video test outdoors on a tripod and the difference in the level of detail in video quality looks much more obvious. Here are screen captures:

Wow, that's a really big difference, Sony looks really good while Canon looks pretty dissapointing, what a shame.

I thought that the video on G7X is better than onh G1X mkII but doesn't seem to be so. G1X mkII looks very similar to RX100 III in the comparison below but maybe because the video is showing more of close ups than wide angle landscape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrTlrwQe4B4

skyform's gear list:skyform's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Apple iPhone 5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow