I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

Started Oct 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
trale Senior Member • Posts: 1,113
Re: I never thought I'd now be the owner of a G7X when I woke up this morning!

Congrats on your new camera! Mad respect for all the work you've put into analyzing the big and small differences between the G7X and the RX100m3 before (and now after) you've made the purchase. Rare to see someone doing their due diligence before buying expensive electronics and knowing (pretty much) exactly what you'll get for the money. It's nice to see such unbiased reporting when it comes to evaluating the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two cameras.

I'm sure at the end you'll have done more rigorous comparisons between the two lenses than any other review site out there. So lens quality aside, I'm curious on what your take is on the handling and responsiveness of the G7X vs the Sony. In particular, the focusing speed. There seems to be some disagreement between two reviews I've seen (the mobile01.com review vs Cameralabs) regarding which camera is more responsive when it comes to AF.

Can you also test the effectiveness of the image stabilization between the two?

Again, thanks for the efforts, and I do hope you enjoy the G7X when all is said and done. Sony needs more competition like this.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow