Nikon D810 issue with the Sigma IF EX DG HSM 24-70 f2.8 lens.

Started Oct 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mr G Clips Regular Member • Posts: 127
Nikon D810 issue with the Sigma IF EX DG HSM 24-70 f2.8 lens.

I've tested it on two bodies just to confirm. So, it seems that the Nikon D810, in Live View mode, can not operate the autofocus with the Sigma IF EX DG HSM 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

URL to see which one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/596258-REG/Sigma_571306_24_70mm_f_2_8_IF_EX.html

Everything works fine using the viewfinder, but not in Live View. Simply nothing happens in either photo or video mode, as far as autofocus goes.

This is a new issue for me, so now I have to go and test my other lenses as well for similar problem.

On the D800 body, everything is fine, and so was on the D300s before that, but NOT with the D810.

Frustrating....

The other issue I've experienced was with the CF card that others already discussed, that the camera indicates error with the card, even though there is nothing wrong with it, and after reformatting in both my PC then in the D810, the message still comes up when I shoot in Raw, but only with the D810.

The last thing I've noticed was a purple shade in the dark places of an image. When I try to process areas of black or very dark colors, they turn into purple or purple-ish.

Well, I guess, all new cameras have issues, but the lens problem annoys me the most.

Anyone else have problems like this with their lenses?

Mr G Clips's gear list:Mr G Clips's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samsung NX 10mm F3.5 Fisheye +1 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow