Anyone made the move from Olympus OMD EM1 to Nikon D750?

Started Oct 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ikenshin New Member • Posts: 17
Anyone made the move from Olympus OMD EM1 to Nikon D750?

Hi all,

just wondering did anyone made the move from OMD EM1 to Nikon D750? i own the EM1, and like it for the size and, portability and weight; but have always been a tad sad at the high ISO >3200 performance and DOF(think dreamy background, without the cost of expensive glass (Pana leica)),thus always "lusted" after the FF camp.

Been swaying between the second hand Canon 6D and a second hand D800. then D750 magically appeared, saw most of the initial reviews on ISO, AF and general performance was generally stellar; thus plunge in and got the D750 and 50mmf1.8G. Yes i did consider the DF, infact i fell in love with it when it was first released, but after looking through the reviews, handled one, doesn't feel i'll get use to the AF as well as some handling limitations(its just me)

Handling was good(deep grip), AF is good, quality of image @ high iso is great as well, needless to say the learning curve from olympus system to nikon system is STEEP. Have to get use to the mirror slap vibration though, been too pampered by the Oly IBS

Weight is still ok, until i put on the 35mmf1.4 DG ART, i cringed hahahah.

Nevertheless, my plan now is keep the D750/50mm as a walkaround evening onwards cam, and the EM1 w the zoom lenses (crop advantage) and sell off my primes....

IF i really can't get use to the D750, probably i'll stick back to the oly system. (no offense, its a great camera!!!)

Anyone made the similar move? or anyone in a dilemma as well?

Advises are welcome :)l

ikenshin's gear list:ikenshin's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow