Trad dSLR - finally, the beginning of the end?

Started Sep 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,402
Re: Its hard to make predictions - especially about the future!

PhotoHawk wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

PhotoHawk wrote:

Say Pentax offered two version of the K3 - one with a high quality EVF and one with an OVF all things being equal except price. And say the price of the EVF was $100 cheaper; which model do you think would sell better?

I don't know, I don't care and I don't trust the assumption that replacing a high quality APS-C reflex viewfinder system with a high quality EVF would make for a $100 cheaper product.

What I know is that I would still buy the DSLR.

Alex

I think if you bet on whether most cameras would be EVF or OVF in 10 years I know where I'd bet.

I have a better prediction: in 10 years most ILCs will not have a viewfinder, and people will accept that because they won't know better.

The trend is clear.

Sorry, but should I care? Should I buy based on what's best for me, or based on distant future possible trends? Should I use 9 years a product which is not there yet, because on the 10th year that technology will improve enough?

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
JNR
(unknown member)
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow