Fighter Jets with D750

Started Oct 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glenn Bloore Contributing Member • Posts: 536
Fighter Jets with D750

I was able to go out for a shoot and finally get a good chance, with some good light, to shoot what I love shooting most.  I set out to my shoot with my D750, D4 and 200-400 version 1.

Here are a couple of my thoughts.  I shot almost exclusively with the D750 and left the D4 in my bag for most of the time.  The only reason I shot with the D4 was to compare the autofocus with the D750.  Here is the dilemma that I now have.  Perhaps it is different in other's hands but for me, the D750 group focus is FAR better than any of the focus modes for the D4. I know that I have gotten sharper shots with the D750 than the D4 in the same environment.

The clear tradeoff is the frame rate and the buffer.  The frame rate of 6.5 is not terrible but a far cry from the 10 fps of the D4.  The buffer on the D750, even with the fastest cards available is SMALL.  So the tradeoff of fewer shots but more of them sharper on a percentage standpoint vs more shots and still a significant number sharp but a lower percentage and a smaller, less detailed file now exists for me.

Based on this, I would guess, although I have never shot one, is that the D4S with its group focus ability and the high FPS and very deep buffer would be spectacular.  The new group focus that exists on the D4S,(never shot one), D810 (never shot one) and the D750, is a clear winner.

I keep going back to my troll on here who called me a fool for comparing the D750 to the D4, which he based entirely on cost.. hmmmmm.

Glenn

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow