Panasonic benefits from cross-fertilization too Locked

Started Oct 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,238
Re: The truth is less flattering to Olympus

Damning with faint praise Chris. Panasonic has greater assets, but Olympus has some good engineering and has produced several innovative models that sell well and are much appreciated. Their engineering prowess made possible sensor cleaning that really works as well as sensor stabilization. And in the latest model, a system of weather sealing that is state of the art for an under 2K camera. Its lenses, including kit lenses are first rate. Panasonic leans more towards the movie hybrid user base and Olympus is the pride of fast zoom lenses. As well as marginal but worthwhile additions to each model introduction. I think they do themselves harm by not giving a decent manual to exploit the cameras and not creating the professional help centers that Canon users enjoy. Although they have had near death experience in the company, I have great respect for their not folding. Who owns the outfit I care little about. Their death has been predicted more than once. Four thirds lives on....mirrorless is getting to be more of a standard than an outlier. So, I would not flush them yet. aloha and good wishes from Oceania ...GS

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow