Nikon D750 vs Sony A7s : help me decide

Started Oct 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
jep10 Regular Member • Posts: 222
Re: Nikon D750 vs Sony A7s : help me decide

If you are happy with the ergonomics and overall system of Sony (e.g. a6000) and you can swing the extra money then I think you may be happier with the A7s. You could also forgo the FE55 lens even though it is a very fine lens to save money. You could also go the Metabones adapter with Canon lens route if you have any nice Canon lens remaining.

It sounds like ultimate ISO range is what you are after and the A7s is thus your ticket. Plus if you are happy with the a6000 you can use your FE lens on the a6000.

Now the D750 is a very, very nice camera and the better overall system. However, I don't know if it makes sense for you to invest in yet another system. You will get a better native lens selection, better flash, less quirks, more responsive camera, etc...

Given what we know, if you go with Sony, expect to keep the system relatively small. I don't think Sony will ever build out the system like Canon or Nikon. If you want to have more options available then go with the standard Canon/Nikon.

jep10's gear list:jep10's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow