About to buy Nikon DF with only 1 len to start with, which should it be?

Started Sep 28, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bobvarakrit Forum Member • Posts: 60
About to buy Nikon DF with only 1 len to start with, which should it be?

hi all,

I currently have Fuji XT1 with 14mm, 35mm, 56mm, 18-55mm and 55-200mm. I am quite happy with the set up and quality of lens and camera. but sometimes i still miss the auto focus performance of FF dslr.

I also own canon 5dmk2 with 16-35mm, 50 1.4, and i think there is one len which i dont remember.

I havent used 5d in a longest time and i am planning to sell this camera and whatever lens i have for Nikon df and lens. The reason for this is i want a lightweight camera that can autofocus faster than the XT1. I like taking photos of landscape, architecture, portrait, my son, animals, and product shots. here is the link to my flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zeptems/

I am quite new to these Nikon lens and system.  I did look into the DF review and its lens.  and i would like some recommendation from real life use.  I think DF will be my travel camera along with my xt1 with 56mm or my sole travel camera.  So i dont want to buy any 85mm lens yet since it would be the same range. These are my questions:

1 Considering i have all the range covered on my fuji system, should i start with either 35 or 50mm prime?  which one of these are more versatile in travel use?

2 what would be the lens that most compliment DF?  i mean what lens that would ease me into the Nikon DF as i understand that this camera is a little hard to get used to.

That would be all and thank you in advance for any anwers or questions.

Bob

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow