SHARING PHOTOS, Week 2, Theme: ***FLOWERS***

Started Sep 25, 2014 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RaymondR
RaymondR Senior Member • Posts: 2,428

Sharing Photos, stories about the photos, interesting themes, shared life experiences, let it all hang out. ‘Photographs’, ‘Shots’, ‘Snaps’, ‘Quick Grabs’, whatever, no judging here.

The forum is about Olympus Compact Cameras, and like Elliott, the founding host of this Sharing Photos feature, I am glad I found mine and the forum.  But this is about the people, photography enthusiasts all, who happen to be here, not the cameras that brought us here, so images captured by ANY camera are welcome.

To help build momentum for this endeavor, I have picked a very cliche theme -- flowers.  That should mean lots of you have images already that can be submitted, so no excuses!  Be thankful I didn't pick cats!  I will post some sample images in a reply to this post.

Guidelines

1. Not a competition, just to keep the fun going, Host picks 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, (and honorable mentions if so inclined).

2. 1st place selects the next theme. IF 1st place unable to host, 2nd place becomes host, etc.

3. Host starts new thread: SHARING PHOTOS , Week #….., Theme: ***______***? Host explains chosen theme, and posts a few sample photos to get it going.  It will help keep things orderly if the samples are posted in a reply to the initiating post rather than as part of it.

4. Next host should cut and paste the guidelines into the new thread.

5. Label Shared Photos, either: ‘Entry’ (3 max), if willing to host; or ‘Exhibition’ to show, (unlimited, encouraged) if not wanting/able to be eligible for hosting the next theme.  It helps the judging host if you give each submitted entry/exhibit a name.

6. Any camera, any time, including links to something amazing worth sharing for the theme.

7. Comments on other peoples photos add to the fun, may be the best part of it.

8. Stories, reasons, situations, whatever, encouraged, (not required).

9. Thread lasts one week, from when posted; host gives deadline in initial post.

10.  Reply with your entries/exhibits to the initial post by a new host, not the samples post or any other poster's post or comments.

This Shared Photo week ends next Thursday, 10/02/14, noon, EST.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony a5000 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow