pentax K-50 what to expect

Started Sep 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
dragra Senior Member • Posts: 1,141
Re: pentax K-50 what to expect

I have the K-30 which is all the same hardware, K-50 has just different styling. It is quite similar to D7100 in term of size & weight. Interface could use a update, although life is simple with the status screen & control panels. Maybe some things are just not as intuitive as they could be, especially if you come over from a Nikon campus. Mode dial features the classics P, Tv, Av and M with some nice Pentax only extras such as Sv (sensitivity variation) and TAv (Time+Aperture variation).

Viewfinder is excellent, bright and with 100% coverage. Sealing is also a big plus, but consider that it only comes to life when you attach a WR lens to it, otherwise water can enter the camera from the bayonet. Also video is quite decent quality and usable if you are into movies.

You can expect top notch image quality out of the camera, that also depends on the quality of your lenses.

-- hide signature --

tell me what your 3 favorite lenses are - and I'll tell you what kind of a photographer you are...

dragra's gear list:dragra's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Pentax X-5 Ricoh WG-M1 Canon PowerShot G5 X +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow