Quick question -- which m43 cameras are using on-sensor PDAF?

Started Sep 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: ..but Panasonic DFD may be better

Lab D wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Lab D wrote:

The GH4 with the right lens works better that on sensor PDAF,

In what way and on the basis of what evidence?

Well, let's see, I owned both the E-M1 and GH4 at the same time and had greater success tracking with the GH4

Did you do any systematic side-by-side testing and if so, how, and with what lens?

and then there is the Camera Store testing which came to the same conclusion.

No the Camera Store testing came to the opposite conclusion. The E-M1 was a bit better on the tracking test. The GH4 came out better in another test where they shifted rapidly between different targets. The latter result surprises me because this is something I know the E-M1 handles extremely well (fast and accurate), especially with the 12-40/2.8. But as you know the Camera Store used a Pany lens (35-100/2.8) on both bodies which may conceivably favor the Pany body in the comparison.

I did say 'ma be' in the subject, but I have yet to see anyone say the E-M1 is better who used them both at the same time.

but it will not work with the old Olympus 4/3rds lenses.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow