Switch from A6000 to A7? Is there a perceivable difference?

Started May 14, 2014 | Questions thread
Sol Invictus
OP Sol Invictus Regular Member • Posts: 465
Re: Not that much

Nordstjernen wrote:

Sure, many want the difference to be bigger than it actually is, especially when buying into a much more expensige system. When getting a new FF camera, the feelings of much bettter technical image quality might lead you to think that the differences are noticeable.

Aren't they? Compared to a FF system, you don't need to pixel peep to find out that your highs are burnt sooner, you don't have to pixel peep to see how a ff system treats bokeh/background defocus. I never got the 2470's sharp results from the 1670 and I really need that constant f/4 or bigger throughout the range (its f/2.6 in crop mode). You might need to pixel peep to see the differencies in ISO noise but then again you also have to pixel peep when comparing the quality between two lenses...

EVERYBODY practices the fine art of pixel peeping. It's not only about money invested, it's also about satisfactory results. Stepping up from crop to ff involves more logic rather than expectancies and steppind down from ff to crop is all about compromises or lots of "I don't mind that". I do love the AF system of the A6000 but that's about it. Nothing else can be compared to the A7 provided that there are similar lenses for both bodies.

-- hide signature --

avid landscape and urban photographer...

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow