One Incredible Lens

Started Sep 17, 2014 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kuroneku
Kuroneku Regular Member • Posts: 129
One Incredible Lens

Researched, picked out, order with 1-day shipping, and here I am with my review.

I am satisfied to its maximum and will probably not take this lens off of my D810 for a long time. I work hard for every dollar I spend, and I can honestly say that every dollar spent on this lens (~$2200) was worth it!

What do I use my camera for mainly? Portraits and Nature primarily, but I also work on many projects that involve broad scales of subjects. I've spent my entire day without finding time to eat or communicate with anybody-that's how this lens just took me!

To make a Pro's and Con's list:

Pro's

1) Quality is beyond perfect (will upload some samples soon)

2) Built quality is fantastic

3) Covers an amazing range

4) The heavy weight of the lens makes me pay more attention to holding my camera so dropping it will be less likely (I know some would argue against the weight, but I actually like it, it connects me in a way more to my camera)

5) Shooting at any Aperture will deliver greatness from what I see so far

Con's

1) No Autofocus (but I can live with that, because I'm getting the best of quality)

That would be my (personal) list, what does everyone else think?

I think it's important to mention that this lens is probably not made for everybody though! This lens requires patience and attention to detail (focus).

I normally don't shoot with with a higher ISO than base ISO (typically 100, on the D810 64 ISO), but in order to satisfy a fast shutter speed for this lens, I allow my D810 to do auto ISO, which made me come to realize that the ISO performance is fabulous on the D810 (from some reviews that i had seen before purchasing the D810, I remember criticism to the ISO performance..). I don't think I need to explain why a fast shutter speed is recommended on a 135mm lens

I really love this focal length. I've used 35 and 50mm the most to this day, but I already know that this will be the focal length that I'll be using the most from now on.

20 Stars if I could

Kuroneku's gear list:Kuroneku's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +2 more
Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135
Telephoto prime lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX)
Announced: Sep 7, 2012
Kuroneku's score
Average community score
Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow