Quick Release plate for Nex -5T

Started Sep 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reb1026 New Member • Posts: 16
Quick Release plate for Nex -5T

I am having problem finding a quick release plate for NEX-5T. Please help. The -5T camera has a weird contour at the bottom around the tripod screw mount which makes it hard to interface with regular quick release plate. It is slipping severely on my tripod's universal quick release plate when I am using the SEL55210 and 1.7x teleconverter lens.

I've been searching the internet and Dpreview forum archives and it seems they have quick release plates or L-Bracket manufactured for the original NEX 5 and 5N. However, since there are some design changes in the shape between 5N and 5R, the 5N release plate won't necessarily fit the 5R or 5T. I am now using some felt pads around the screw mount on the plate to help temporarily secure it but I am looking for a long term solution. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Reb1026's gear list:Reb1026's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow