What is “RGB + IR photometry sensor of new 150000 pixel”?

Started Sep 11, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094
What is “RGB + IR photometry sensor of new 150000 pixel”?

I haven’t seen anything that says what “RGB + IR photometry sensor of new 150000 pixel” is.

Could RGB + IR photometry sensor mean that some of the pixels are reading IR light to reduce luminescence noise in very low light?

In astrophotography we remove the filters from our cameras so that they can see UV and IR light. Then we put very specific filters back on which allow us to just see the light we want. I have several modified cameras that I have also tested in daylight.

The data(UV and IR light) that you throw away with the stock filter is very interesting. I wonder if Canon has found a way to capture some of that light by only filtering some of the pixels. They already filter the light differently to pixels for the AF. I wonder if they are doing that now for IR light.

Maybe that is why the new camera has the unusual ISO 16,000 max value. Maybe it isn’t simply a better sensor that they added. If you increase the signal you don’t need a better sensor.

I am really hopeful about this. I have been experimenting with it for astrophotography and it really seems like the stock filters lose a lot of valuable data.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow