Trad dSLR - finally, the beginning of the end?

Started Sep 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Holger Bargen Veteran Member • Posts: 3,271
Re: Trad dSLR - finally, the beginning of the end?

Dear all,

interesting discussion.

I just want to add an article in the German newsletter "Welt" - in the translation done by Google tanslate:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.welt.de%2Fwirtschaft%2Fwebwelt%2Farticle131938877%2FJapaner-schie%C3%9Fen-sich-marketingtechnisch-ins-Knie.html&edit-text=

Leica seems to sell quite well. The manager interviewed by Welt sees lots of troubles in Japanese companies. The direction is roughly the same as in the video on Luminous landscape.

The Leica manager believes that the development of sensors has reached its optimum - he does not expect any signigicant improvements - so its time to build the best camera around that sensor - for each company.

Leica has a good tradition of mirrorless cameras.

I wonder which way Pentax/Ricoh will go. Pentax has a long traditon with outstanding lenses - a good foundation for future developments - but they have to reactivate this line of development.

I would like to see a mirrorless camera from Pentax.

Why not an APS-C with an option to activate an optical system (either as group that can be switched in front of the sensor or as an removable element that can be exchanged by a standard element without optics within) which would allow to use full frame lenses with all their resolution and light options for an APS-C sensor - like Metabones (speed booster) build them - maybe even much better as they could go more closely with optical elements in front of the sensor.

It could be a first option for new Pentax full frame lenses and the missing link into a product line many people expect from Pentax.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
JNR
(unknown member)
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow