Autofocus 4/3 lens on a Micro4/3 body.

Started Jun 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,808
I've tried the 14-54 mk 1 and 11-22....

Red Ace wrote:

I haven't found this answer in the Panasonic site. I picked up a Lumix G6 Micro 4/3 camera. Awesome. I have three Olympus 4/3 autofocus lenses (i.e. NOT Micro 4/3) that I use on my Olympus E-520. I bought a Lumix 4/3 to M4/3 adapter and they fit on the G6 nicely. But will they still autofocus or are they now manual-only.?? If they do autofocus is there a setting to adjust to accomplish this? I tried them last night (in low indoor light) and they seemed to hunt, but not autofocus. Outdoors this morning they still hunt, but not focus in. Thoughts? Help?

I've used both of these lenses on both an Olympus E-M1 and an Olympus E-PL5 - using 3rd party Chinese-made 4/3 to Micro 4/3 adapters.

On the E-M1, both lenses focus pretty quickly and directly, with either zero of close to zero hunting.  The 14-54 mk 1 misses focus completely maybe 10% of the time when racking from very close to at/near infinity or vice versa - but it does this on my E-520 as well.

On the E-PL5, both lenses hunt somewhat, but do eventually lock focus.  Not fast enough for shooting moving subject matter, but still fine for shooting static subject matter.

I've also previously used the 11-22 on an earlier Panasonic G5 (which I sold when I got my E-M1), and the results were similar to using the same lens on the E-PL5.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow