X-E1 or X100s 18 or 27

Started Sep 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP SimonWilder Forum Member • Posts: 86
Re: X-E1 or X100s 18 or 27

uniball wrote:

SimonWilder wrote:.

I've read previous post from Fuji users who think that image quality is better from the X-E1 than even the X-E2 or X-T1, personal pattern noise seems to be less noticeable on the X-E1 than the X-T1 from OOC Jpegs.

OOC jpeg's are hardly a criteria for purchasing any camera remotely approaching and X100s or XE1. Especially when its based on what you heard.

I happen to be one of those people who prefer the high iso output of my X100 or XE1 to those from my XT1. So I use raw, which I always capture anyway, and for low light offers the frequently required headroom for adjustment.

To me when comparing images from the X-E1 to the X100s the images seem to have more clean whites in the X-E1 photos but those were only from the 18-55 lens.

I have to hand it to you, you have a very discerning eye. Especially considering you're likely referring to web images of different pictures taken with different cameras, in different environments and taken by different people. And perhaps down to the lens choice as well.

If I had to make the OP's decision, with his lens choices, I'd take the X100S in a heartbeat over an XE1 with an 18 or a 27. Both lenses I own and am particulary pleased with. As I am with the X100's 23.

why would you take the x100s? is the AF much faster on the x100s than with the X-E1 + 27mm ?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow