Re: X-E1 or X100s 18 or 27

ryan2007 wrote:

SimonWilder wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

SimonWilder wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

SimonWilder wrote:

Hi,

I've never been 100% happy with my X100s image quality however my partner had an X-E1 and 18-55 lens some time ago and I thought that in many situations it produced more pleasing image quality.

Given the current price of the X-E1 I was thinking of getting one and a 27mm lens, I think that the 27mm FoV might suit me better for my street photography.

so my question is this, how does the 27mm compare to the 18mm lens (which I've used)

also how much slower if the AF of the X-E1 with the 27mm compared to the X100s

Thanks

If you can't get a good result with the X100s the XE-1 will not be any better. It is the user not the camera generally speaking.

The quality of a photograph as is down to the photographer but image quality is limited in most part by the sensor/lens.

I've read previous post from Fuji users who think that image quality is better from the X-E1 than even the X-E2 or X-T1, personal pattern noise seems to be less noticeable on the X-E1 than the X-T1 from OOC Jpegs.

To me when comparing images from the X-E1 to the X100s the images seem to have more clean whites in the X-E1 photos but those were only from the 18-55 lens

Why don't you give your X100s to your friend that does so well with the XE-1 and see if they can take a good what you call a good photo. Then you will know where and what the issue is.

the IQ form the X100s isn't great under all conditions, if it is for you then great but there would be no point in me repeating what has already been written and shown time and again in these forums.

if the X100s was perfect then Fuji will never need to replace it but they will because it isn't.

Your logic is flawed. First every digital camera gets replaced inside two years maybe three. It can be a $6,000 Nikon D4s or $1,000, X100s, whatever.

That's not my logic it's yours, you claim that image quality from the x100s is perfect, so if its perfect then how can it be improved upon?

The great Fuji XE-1 is already discontinued for the most part. The XE-1 cost at least $600 with the 18-55 lens just a year ago, maybe 14 months now.

You can not invest anything in camera gear other then committing to the system knowing its flaws.

Why did you waste $1,300 on the camera when the XE-1 cost the same money last year,

neither the 27mm or 23mm lens had been released when I bought the x100s so I guess that's why.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow