X-E1 or X100s 18 or 27

Started Sep 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
DarnGoodPhotos Senior Member • Posts: 6,709
Re: X-E1 or X100s 18 or 27

britcam wrote:

darngooddesign wrote:

britcam wrote:

The image quality from the X100s is quite superb, and the idea that cleaner whites can be obtained from the X-E1 is something I find very odd ... sounds more like a washing powder Ad ..

Took me a while to find this again, but if you scroll down to the still life in snow photos you can see that the X100S' Auto White Balance is quite different.

http://www.fujirumors.com/x100s-vs-x100/

But isn't WB, whether Auto or cloudy / sunny or whatever, just a starting point? If I'm putting any time & effort into working on an image, then I'll check & adjust WB. So I don't see much relevance in minor WB differences between cams.

Having a better starting point is helpful especially if you are out shooting and don't want to have to fiddle with the white balance for each shot.

I'm not saying that one way is better or worse, just wanted to show you that there is in fact a difference between the two cameras in regards to WB. Now admittedly that is the X100 vs X100S, but its not much of a leap to think that the XE with its X-Trans 1 sensor might have a different white balance from the X100S with its X-Trans 2 sensor. If we were discussing the XE1 vs XPro1 I would't think so as they both share the same sensor.

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow