Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started Aug 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
Stujomo
Stujomo Senior Member • Posts: 1,429
Re: Your both right

colombiano wrote:

paulski66 wrote:

colombiano wrote:

As I said: If the goal of photography is making 3 or more exactly the same photos with different lens and comparing them to find minute differences, than I'm from different world. My goal is to take pictures.

I take photos with lens I have at hand. Sometimes it's Zeiss, other time is Nikkor and sometime it's a Sigma, depending on what I think I would need. When I make a session, I don't take with me a Zeiss 50, Nikkor 85 and Sigma 50-150 to take same photos of a subject and compare which photo has better "transitions"... But I guess we are different

It's almost always me who is the limiting factor of photo's quality. Me and my "uncreative" execution, not the minute difference between lenses...

Regards,

Why would you even bother investing in expensive lenses like a Zeiss, then (especially with their lack of autofocus) if you felt that using them didn't contribute something to the final image.

Sorry, but that just makes no sense.

Please read again what I wrote. What you wrote doesn't have anything with what I wrote, so yes, it really doesn't make sense.

Regards,

Just out of curiosity what made you choose the Zeiss 50 over say a Nikon 50mm?

Unless it was given to you, you likely chose the lens for certain reasons over the Nikon.

It likey offers you something that the Nikon 50mm doesn't offer.

What is it that is more appealing about the Zeiss?

Stujomo's gear list:Stujomo's gear list
Nikon D1H Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow