Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started Aug 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,373
Re: Your both right

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

blah blah blah snip

Really? Are those the best examples you can find? Because, I'm just not seeing it. What do you think is so amazing about those pictures taken with those lenses.

If you aren't simply being argumentative for your own entertainment and really can't see the difference in the quality of the background blur (bokeh) between pics one and two, then I would be sorry for you if I cared at all. But you really shouldn't be in the lens forum attempting to pontificate, you simply don't have the chops.

It's a free internet, though, anyone with any level of expertise can say anything they want. This latching onto each post and nattering back and forth is really lame and of no further interest to me, so have at it all day and night. I'm done.

Maybe you posted the wrong photos, because one of them was taken with a Sigma 50mm according to the metadata?

The images themselves, as posted, are completely different, so to make any kind of judgement you'd have to see the exact same thing photographed with different lenses, which is what I posted a link to. Granted, that test didn't include the 58mm, though.

I find what you say quite funny and ironic.

If "being in the lens forum" means banging on about microscopic differences - looking at pixels and not pictures - then maybe you're right. I need to find somewhere which is about photography, and not technology, away from gear heads and their dull photos.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow