Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started Aug 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,373
Re: Your both right

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

A better question: Who are you, Mr. 40 posts and no gallery to come in here and attempt to tell us what we can or cannot see, most of which is common knowledge among experienced photogs?

Again, I'm not saying that. I'm saying you're looking at the pixels, not the picture. And if you want to do that, then fine. That's up to you. I just find it a bit sad, that's all.

Use your 50G at 1.8, obtain the usual scrunchy enharmonic bokeh and be happy. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm sure every great photographer - Steve McCurry, Don McCullin, Annie Leibovitz, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Robert Capa, all of them - have worried about "enharmonic bokeh". All the way through their careers. In every interview they have hours and hours of out-takes when they bang on about "enharmonic bokeh".

Your viewers might not know quite how to express their discomfort at having to look at ugly backgrounds, but they will feel it for sure, especially compared to this:

Compared to the Sigma or the Nikon 50G, The Nikon 58 is a cream machine:

Really? Are those the best examples you can find? Because, I'm just not seeing it. What do you think is so amazing about those pictures taken with those lenses.

Here are some lens comparisons:

http://nikonrumors.com/2011/11/03/seven-50mm-prime-lenses-for-nikon-f-mount-compared-by-cary-jordan.aspx/

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow