Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started Aug 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,373
Re: Strawman or.....

Stacey_K wrote:

I still haven't seem him post what he thinks is a "great shot" he has taken with any lens, especially with this 50mm f1.8g he is so adamantly defending. Once he posts something great with the lens at f4 or wider, he might start making a point. Until then it's that same tired "The gear used makes absolutely no difference", which if true, we should all just be using cell phones.

I didn't think this it was possible, but you still don't understand anything I have said.

I am not claiming to be a fantastic photographer, and I am not claiming anything about the 50mm f1.8G lens. I've owned one for precisely 4 days. Whether or not you think I take good photos is utterly irrelevant to everything (as is my opinion of anyone else's photos).

What I am saying is debating microscopic differences between lenses - as you have done - is pointless as they'll only ever have a microscopic effect - if any - on the photograph.

As I said, I - that's me, the person - is the single biggest limitation for taking "wow" photographs. It's certainly not my camera or lens. And that's true for every single person on here.

EDIT:

This is how you come across, whether you mean to or not:

You've never seen a "wow" shot with a 50mm f1.8G (or whatever lens); implying you have seen a "wow" shot with another 50mm lens; ergo the difference between those two things is the lens.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow