Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started Aug 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Stacey_K Veteran Member • Posts: 8,373
Re: 28, 35 and 85

Gareth Bourne wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

Gareth Bourne wrote:

Secondly, how do you know? Did you take that shot with 4 different lenses and choose that one? I'm guessing not.

Not with 4 but with 2 or 3. Also, from experience I know how a shot from the 80-200 f2.8 will differ from a shot taken with a 70-300 tamron (or an 85mm f1.8G all taken at the same fstop). And a 180mm f.28 will have a slightly different look.

If you don't see or care about this stuff, it honestly doesn't offend me. To say it doesn't matter to -anyone- is just nonsense, it simply doesn't matter to you.

You still don't get it.

Sure, those lenses (some of them being completely different focal lengths) will give a different look.

That is ALL I have been saying, but I wasn't talking about shooting at different focal lengths. I have said REPEATEDLY *At the same focal length and f stop* Did you not see where I said that EACH TIME?

But that's not the point.

You could take the same picture (as far as you can) with 10 different lenses and just end up with 10 boring, dull, uninteresting pictures.

*sigh* YOU don't get it. Who is talking about boring, uninteresting pictures?

So sitting there and discussing the bokeh transition rendering of one 85mm lens to another doesn't really change the fact they are dull boring pictures.

Which picture are you talking about? Of course a good lens is NOT going to fix the problem of someone with no skills or vision. Anyway, I'm done trying to discuss this with you, you are way too hostile..

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
9ck
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow