manchester & its people,,,,,,,,, the last 4, 37 - 40.

Started Aug 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
meagre offerings
OP meagre offerings Veteran Member • Posts: 5,196
Re: manchester & its people,,,,,,,,, the last 4, 37 - 40.

doto41 wrote:

Paul, this is a truly great street set!!! #2 is hilarious, but the best for me is #1. That's a shot people can wait ages and never get. It is for me the culmination of everything that makes a compelling and great street shot: The theme that happens only in the mind of the shooter, the decisive moment, the touch of humour and an artistic saying. What more can you ask for? It is a prize winner for sure.

Thanks for sharing, and I know I'll come back to the first many more times.

-- hide signature --

Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, Olympus EM5, panny 20mm 1.7, panny 14mm 2.5, oly 45mm 1.8, oly 40-150, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
My Flickr

hi dov

thank you very much for those kind and thoughtful words, im humbled by them.

now i have looked at no1 a lot more, it has a look to me like it could have been staged, but i have to add, if i had staged it, i would have got all the feet in the frame, as it was i wasnt expecting two guys to walk round the corner and wave. i have spent so long in the road at this spot over the past 12mths or so, its a wonder that i have not been run over or picked up for suspicious loitering.

the second shot could not have happened without the xp1`s OVF allowing me to see what was coming into the frame, not quite a RF, but similar in this respect.

very best

pc

-- hide signature --

http://www.pbase.com/meagre_offerings/street_photography
`im a simple man, i use simple tools, and i shoot what i see` L S Lowry (but bastardised by me).

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow