2 more D810 images for critique

Started Aug 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
chuxter Forum Pro • Posts: 21,713
Re: 2 more D810 images for critique

Bene Placito wrote:

chuxter wrote:

Bene Placito wrote:

I did the same to the rock photo as you did (in another forum) and got told I over exposed the shot. Can't win here.

Won't be posting any more pictures. I'll leave that to the experts.

There are some real nasty people here. Ignore them. But understand that DPR is a gear forum, first and foremost. There are better places to receive constructive criticism on your photographic style.

Thank you Chuxter. I was really trying to discover what the hell is happening with the noise etc in the D810 images. It appears there is not a decent RAW developer available as yet.

Concerning the subject photo:

• I didn't see any noise.
  • I didn't pixel-peep the noise.
  • There was no way to "correct" the composition in ANY editor.
  • The "correct" composition is subjective.
  • The "exposure" is easy to correct in ANY editor.
  • Judging the correct "exposure" is subjective.
  • I think LR is "decent", especially if you use the facility to create your own camera profile!

Even the "affected" D810 bodies don't seem to have terrible noise and it can be easily removed w/ any number of NR programs in post [I use Imagenomic Noiseware Pro]. The "problem" w/ the D810 is not noise, but rather that the "Hot Pixel Map" was incorrectly programmed. This is easily "fixed" by simply doing it again, correctly. The Service Centers have that ability. The procedure is simple, fast, and non-invasive. Just schedule a time when you can be w/o your body for a week+.

chuxter's gear list:chuxter's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro (F004) Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow