2 more D810 images for critique

Started Aug 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
chuxter Forum Pro • Posts: 21,713
Re: 2 more D810 images for critique

Bene Placito wrote:

I'm having trouble post processing D810 images, apparently. I'm not used to using CS6 for processing RAW but now that Capture NX2 is no longer usable, I guess I'm stuck with it. I tried the new NX-D (dreadful) and Lightroom 5.6, which I did not like one little bit.

Although, I didn't use LR 5.6 in my edit below, it is the future of PS. Get used to it!

I've purposely left these two looking under-exposed and not bothered with much else apart from sharpening at amount 60, radius .5, detail 35 and masking 30.

The should be viewed at original resolution.

I didn't like the composition "one little bit". IMO, the big rox are not the subject. If there was only ONE rock, then it could be the subject, but a big jumble of rox not so much. IMO, the subject is the farm house & silo in the background, but it is both OoF and too cenered. I don't have access to the scene, so can't say for sure if my "crop" would work, but it should give you a different way of looking at the scene:

I also lightened the shadows and added a bit of contrast.

chuxter's gear list:chuxter's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro (F004) Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow