FZ1000 a few samples and use of RAW

Started Aug 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oldman3 New Member • Posts: 2
FZ1000 a few samples and use of RAW

OK this is my first posts on this forum having just recently purchased the FZ1000 having upgraded from a FZ150. I am also starting to do RAW processing now using Adobe Lightroom for the first time having only done JPEG previously with FZ150.

Initially I struggled with RAW as default adobe camera colour calibration looked so dull and washed out and struggled to get photos to look as punchy as OOC JPEGs . However I then discovered Huelight Camera profiles who recently added FZ1000 to list and I must say it has made a big difference using these colour profilles as now much simpler to get good accurate colours from RAW

http://colorfidelity.com/

I would recommend these calibration files as they make it much easier trying to get good colours

Anyhow I have posted a few samples of my first few shots and am delighted with the sharpness and colour of the images and lack of noise compared to old FZ150 - these are all straight from camera with some basic RAW processing The only odd ones are the extreme close of of flowers and hover fly which I took using Raynox DCR-150 attached . I would say these were both approx 8mm in size so pretty tiny. Impossible to get fully in focus due to tiny DOF mind you

oldman3's gear list:oldman3's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow