Any Advantage to Full Frame?

Started Aug 26, 2014 | Questions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Reilly Diefenbach Forum Pro • Posts: 11,672
Pictures get in the way of theories.

Part of using information from the net is understanding whether the data is useful for the application at hand based on the quality and reliability of the source.

The site you refer to is known not to be a good resource when comparing spatial resolution performance apples to apples. They admit to not having the time to focus cameras properly nor do they set them up Equivalently.

Known by whom, I wonder?  I'm pretty sure Dave Etchells would not agree that the IR methodology is as sloppy as you would have us believe.

Lenstip.com and DxO are more scientific in their approach, try harder and give more reliable results. Lenstip's results are reproducible and easy to understand. Find me a decently priced lens whose MTF50 exceeds 66 lp/mm on a DX body at f/4 at lenstip.com and I'll go out and buy it.

I care not one whit for mtf charts, only what a given camera or lens can put up on my screen.  Imaging Resource raws are the gold standard for determining camera body resolution.  The IR raws show conclusively that there is little or no substantial difference in raw resolution at ISO 100 between the D7100 and the D610.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow