LX8 coming soon??

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
falconeyes
falconeyes Senior Member • Posts: 1,495
Re: The Lumix LF1

elemenoP wrote:

But nobody thought you could stick a 1" sensor in a tiny camera, until Sony did it. So of course the specs on the next Sony model will be better, most likely a better lens since the sensor is already the best in the class. Panasonic has the best in class lens, so they need to improve the sensor. I'm not an optical engineer so I don't understand the challenges and I don't want to, but it just makes sense that these two different paths are going to converge.

eP

For the record, this isn't entirely correct ...

It was Nokia in its 808 Pureview camera doing it first (with an F/2.4 Zeiss prime lens).

And the 808PV is still (by a good margin) unbeaten in both compactness and resolution. Even the RX100m1-3 doesn't even come close. Although they are second.

Note, I know, the 808PV is referred to as 1/1.2" rather than 1", but really, that's a small difference considering the 808's tiny camera module. It is a clear icon of what can still be achieved if a camera maker tries hard enough. Just imagine a camera with two such 1" modules, one for wide, one for tele, in a sub 100g package ...

-- hide signature --

Falk Lumo

falconeyes's gear list:falconeyes's gear list
Sony RX100 III Pentax *ist DS Nikon D800E Nikon D500 808
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xi5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow