A6000 help needed for Manual Focus etc !!

Started Aug 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Foxbat121 Senior Member • Posts: 1,577
Re: A6000 help needed for Manual Focus etc !!

The best way to use MF on E-Mount camera is using Peaking, a feature unique to Sony E-mount cameras. I found with the EVF on A6000, peaking is much more comfortable to use than on LCD screen on my previous NEX-5. There is really no need to guess the distance and caculate the hyper focus scales.

Raw Therapee can indeed handle A6000 RAW files without problem. Not sure if it can convert into DNG as I didn't try that. But processing them inside Raw Therapee into JPEG works fine.

Modern AF lenses are typically focus by wire. So, distance scale markings are impossible as the ring is simply a drive/switch to tell focus motor which way to go. But with E-Mount AF lens, you can have Peaking as well as DMF. DMF let you fine tune the AF when you first lock the AF then a twist of focus ring let you magnify the portion around focus point (7x or so) on screen so that you can fine tune the focus.

Foxbat121's gear list:Foxbat121's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon 1 J4 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow