My Prediction: E-M1 Firmware Update

Started Aug 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
TorsteinH Senior Member • Posts: 1,172
Re: My Prediction: E-M1 Firmware Update

TorsteinH wrote:

I do not say that 4k video is for sure, but I doubt heat on the sensor is an issue. Hey, I do live view for hours. If it is somewhere there is an issue it it's in the Trupic chip ability to handle this large amount of data that needs to be worked on.
So in my view, it is possible that the E-M1 get 4k video, but maybe not very likely.

Live View is well under video capture mode power consumption and won't ever stress the sensor with heat. Even running 1080 capture mode will overheat the E-M1 after some period of time, depending upon ambient conditions. That's why they put heat sensors and shutdown routines in it.

-- hide signature --

The sensor in the E-M1 is a Panasonic ( maybee the same as in GH4 ) made to capture 4k video. I doubt it has so big heat issues.

TorsteinH's gear list:TorsteinH's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow