My Prediction: E-M1 Firmware Update

Started Aug 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Its RKM Veteran Member • Posts: 3,128
Re: My Prediction: E-M1 Firmware Update

neil holmes wrote:

CDBayy wrote:

Regarding the definitive pronouncements of Andrew Reid on EOSHD.com… well gosh golly, if it's on the Internet it must be true.

Last I checked Andrew Reid is not an engineer, not a physicist, not an electrical engineer. But somehow because he is a FILMMAKER he is qualified to state as fact that 4K video in the EM-1 is an engineering impossibility. LOL!

I think he (Andrew Reid) makes a lot of sense on this issue. The GH4 is a fair bit bigger camera and the sensor is not floating ....where/what DO you think the increased heat is going to go/do if they give a firmware update for 4K???

You, of course, know how much heat the sensor generates during video mode.  Thought not!.

My old Pentax Kx (small for a DSLR and with a moving IBIS sensor) gets VERY hot sometimes in video mode and shuts down a lot more than newer cameras do these days.

If the sensor cannot adequately dissipate heat through the IBIS then obviously that is not what is making the camera hot!

-- hide signature --

Its RKM

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow