First day out with FZ1000

Started Aug 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sherman_levine
sherman_levine Forum Pro • Posts: 10,216
First day out with FZ1000

Images are posted at 100% from Raw except where noted. Stabilizer is on for all.

Burst mode (medium speed) with live view and AFC is excellent.

This pair is images 1 and 6 of a series down a tall slide. Focus is accurate for both, and I could see the field of view between shots so I could keep the camera aimed.

Once initial focus is established, the AFC maintains focus in a limited range if possible, rather than starting afresh for each image. This is one of several in a burst starting with the bird against a clear sky. FZ1000 kept focus on the bird and ignored the foliage. 49 point focus.

Capture from 30fps 4K video was a real pleasure. This frame is SOOC with the ride moving at full speed. Extracted with Avidemux http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Still in the learning phase for BIF. I think I might be able to get away without a RDS because the zoom and focus are so fast, but to soon to tell. I'd like the focus to be better here - but these were late evening and grey bird on grey sky.  I still need improvement here.

Three consecutive frames from JPG. All are cropped, but posted at 100%. 49 point focus.

More as it happens

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow