My Prediction: E-M1 Firmware Update

Started Aug 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
TorsteinH
TorsteinH Senior Member • Posts: 1,182
Re: My Prediction: E-M1 Firmware Update

Landscapephoto99 wrote:

High quality doesn't necessarily have to mean 4K. If the video of the E-M1 improves to the level of the GH3, with the Olympus IBIS, it will be quite an impressive all around piece of equipment. It's just a shame that Panasonic seems stingier with their sensor technology than Sony. I still remember the bad old days of the first m43, before Olympus starting sourcing from Sony for the E-M5, where Olympus was always using hand me down technology in their sensors from Panasonic.

Heat due to the floating sensor will prevent it. This is basic physics. Olympus designs their cameras for still photography, Panasonic designs their cameras for motion capture. That's the bottom line.

Isn't it great that we can buy a single kit of Micro-FourThirds lenses and have such choices? And that you can also buy a Black Magic dedicated video camera with professional grade capabilities using the same lens mount?

-- hide signature --

I do not say that 4k video is for sure, but I doubt heat on the sensor is an issue. Hey, I do live view for hours. If it is somewhere there is an issue it it's in the Trupic chip ability to handle this large amount of data that needs to be worked on.
So in my view, it is possible that the E-M1 get 4k video, but maybe not very likely.

-- hide signature --

www.ohb.no/foto
Torstein

TorsteinH's gear list:TorsteinH's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow