K3 Envy

Started Jul 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
pixelsmithy Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Re: K3 Envy

Well, I just WON a K-3, grip & FluCard in the PentaxForums photo contest which is one way to do it. But (seriously) I have some good advice for you. Your wife's problem is probably that she doesn't want money taken AWAY from the household budget/bills. The answer:

Figure out a way (or ways) to make some additional money that is outside the household income and dedicated to your hobby. She is free to do the same. It is really pretty easy to manufacture money if you think about it a bit:

My most consistent income comes from buying and selling used photo gear (mostly Pentax). Buy low sell a bit higher = Profit. Buy a kit to get one of the lenses and sell the rest. Be a wheeler-dealer. Find stuff in thrift stores to sell on eBay. Seriously, if you have the eBay app on your phone you can find stuff, photograph it and list it so fast these days. It is amazing what you will find new in the box at thrift stores that people are still after.

The old-fashioned (and safest) way is to save the money and pay cash. The new-fashioned (and much riskier way) is to get Amazon Credit or Paypal Credit and plan on using your extra income to make the payments. You are going to pay a lot more for those high interest rates, and paying that credit should be YOUR problem only. But it will allow you to get things sooner rather than later. Know yourself and your income making skills to determine which is the right method for you.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska
--
Check out my (small) Gallery! http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/355548730/photos/slideshow

pixelsmithy's gear list:pixelsmithy's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow