Perfect for starting macro photography!

Started Aug 22, 2014 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ady Jo
Ady Jo New Member • Posts: 16
Perfect for starting macro photography!

I bought this lens to get closer to the subject and to enhance my macro shooting ability. This lens doesn't disappoint a bit. The built quality is excellent with fast, accurate and quite auto-focus. Full time manual override on the focus is a bonus. Optically, this lens is par with any other macro lens on the market today. I have got thousands of crisp, sharp images till date. Color rendition is good as well. The lens is so light that I seldom feel that a lens is attached to my camera.

My first copy of lens had some issue with the Ultrasonic Motor. It used to make unusual squeaking noise both in auto focus and manual focus when the focus ring was turned. Also, I found some dust on one of the lens elements. I sent it back to Canon repairs and they promptly sent me the repaired/corrected copy. Now, it has no problems since then.

Only downside of this lens is that it lacks Canon's renowned Image Stabilization (IS) technology. So, there are chances of a few blurry shots if not using a tripod.

It is an excellent true macro (1:1) lens to start with. You can not go wrong with this lens.

-- hide signature --

- Andy Jo

Ady Jo's gear list:Ady Jo's gear list
Canon PowerShot A480 Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +1 more
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Telephoto macro prime lens • Canon EF-S • 0284B002
Announced: Feb 17, 2005
Ady Jo's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow