sony a6000 or d5300 - photos with my child

Started Aug 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
juvx Senior Member • Posts: 1,536
sony a6000

techiecool wrote:

Truthfully fair point. I think we had a 450d at one point and it stayed home. So the a6000 appeals for that reason. But looking into lens options - yes the 70d makes a lot of sense, but wow that's a massive camera.

Although i would agree with the other gets about the Canon 70D probably being the best option for home shooting of kids. Its in another class of camera already above "entry level" where the a6000 and D5300 are located. So its bit more pricey as well.

However, I think the A6000 fits yours needs the best. I have a small child and having a big DSLR to lug around its just terrible. I often left it home. Then one day i sold it and switched to the Sony A7 and now Fuji X-t1. I never looked back. They are just superior cameras, not because they are better technically (which they kinda are) but because of the size and weight allows you to take them ANYWHERE with ease and comfort.

That being said the A6000 will be the best fit for you.

juvx's gear list:juvx's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6500 Sony a9 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 35mm F1.4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow