'Organic' Prints from Digital Photos?

Started Aug 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
bford Senior Member • Posts: 1,489
Re: 'Organic': now meaningless

Aberaeron wrote:

bford wrote:

SeeRoy wrote:

It's time to retire the word "organic" for a couple of decades other than in the lexicon of chemistry. It joins a long list of words that have been beaten to death - "awesome" being perhaps the first amongst them.

I agree with the word organic but there's nothing wrong with the word awesome. It's pretty obvious what people mean when they say something is awesome.

By definitin even organic food is not organic since whatever man applies to it is natural since man is part of nature. That said, I wish our fruits and vegetables didn't have have anything added to them besides water.

You must know that crops require nutrients apart from water. Nothing much grows in pure water and growing crops in a reasonably fertile soil always depletes the fertility by the very act of removing it, even if all your No1 and No2 was replaced in that soil. It would be nice if all the parasites, insects and crop diseases did not exist either.

I too wish that all my food could be produced from fresh air and rainwater. For one thing it would be abundant and almost free of production cost. Wishing it does not make it true or make it happen I'm afraid.

Was this post necessary? Could you not figure out from the context of the discussion and my remarks that I was talking about the chemicals that man adds to produce that makes it not organic by the commonly used definition?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow