>>>Monday Macro/Closeup August 18 - 24<<<

Started Aug 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
ysal
OP ysal Veteran Member • Posts: 8,765
Re: Buzz, flutter, hop

trigger1937 wrote:

I know nothing about this camera,..however,..with the settings in the EXIF the entire Grasshopper and plant should have been in 100% focus and the DOF should be large enough to capture it all in great detail. In the 100% view there are stems of the plant in focus and some that are not. In looking at the Grasshopper the shell and texture are not in good focus as the stem. So what happened to this image? I don't know if the camera has a focus ring or what, or if the focus was just locked on the wrong thing. NCOP.

For this community,.. I want to suggest a new abbrevation,..."NCOP",...which stands for "No Criticism of Photographer". Hopefully we are all about "Learning" something everyday.

Thanks for your inputs trigger, I appreciate all constructive criticism!  This was actually shot with my 300mm telephoto lens, which is quite heavy on the GX7 and I was hand holding.  I think it may be a bit of motion blur plus me missing the AF, standing some distance away from the little bug.

-- hide signature --

yuki

ysal's gear list:ysal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EOS 80D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow