sony a6000 or d5300 - photos with my child

Started Aug 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
noflashplease Senior Member • Posts: 2,490
Re: sony a6000 or d5300 - photos with my child

techiecool wrote:

hi all,

i'm working on deciding which camera. i know what i'm using it for mainly. That being photos/videos of my 1 year old who is increasingly not sitting still. for low light i'm assuming a prime will help. i'd look at acquire a wide angle (10-24 ish), something close to a 16mm, and 35mm. i don't need reach now nor do i like that many zooms, but i might get something inexpensive just to have. my budget is $1600-1700(ish).

my research here tells me the a6000 might be the way to go..only with potentially not having as many lens options. but i think there are enough to pick from to fill my needs. i dont see myself collecting more lenses than the above for a foreseeable future.

If you want a wide angle in your budget, the EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM is the only decent choice on the market.  At $299, it's a brilliant value and only decent option short of a $1,200 professional quality lens.  From there, you have to consider if you want the 70D or SL1.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow